Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Upcoming San Francisco Vegan Fashion Show

By Laura Collins of Pansy Maiden

I am so pleased and excited to announce that my bags will be worn on the shoulders of sashaying models on the runway of San Francisco's very first Vegan Fashion Show. This October 2nd event will take place during the San Francisco Veg Society's 11th Annual World Veg Festival Weekend.

Karine Brighten Events, the organizer of the Vegan Fashion Show, will welcome the following cruelty-free labels to the runway: Reco Jeans, Vaute Couture, Lion's Share Industries, Mission Savvy, Melie Bianco, Cri De Coeur, and yours truly (!) Rory Friedman, famed vegan author of Skinny Bitch, will be the emcee. I am especially proud to be the only designer representing for the one-person, handmade, DIY contingent. Exciting!

You might be asking, "What makes a bag vegan/cruelty-free, Laura?" Well, I do not use any materials derived from animals such as leather, wool, or silk. I wash my fabric using a plant-based, eco-friendly detergent, and when glue is called for, I use an animal-derivative-free brand.

Your next question might be, "Why bother?" That's a totally warranted question. You see, I wrap myself into every single aspect of Pansy Maiden so I want my business to be a reflection of my personal values. This is why I choose to run my business in the same manner I live my life: Cruelty-free.

Why am I vegan? Well, there's a long answer and a short answer. The short answer: for health reasons. My own personal health, the health of our Earth, and the health of our animals. If you are interested in my longer answer, feel free to shoot me an email.

But anyway...I bought my plane ticket to San Francisco earlier this week so it's feeling real and official! I will definitely blog about my experiences at the fashion show so look for those entries next month. And wish me luck!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...