Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mudflat Entryway

By Arthur of Arthur Halvorsen Ceramics

As you may or may not know the studio that I work at Mudflat Studios moved, if you follow the blog you know that we have moved because I posted about how great the new building is in a previous post here on the Boston Handmade blog. Well anyway we are almost totally set up for classes that start on Monday and the Gala event on Friday and the FREE open house on Saturday... the staff has been really busy getting ready installing the tiles that students, staff, teachers, students and resident artists made a few months ago. Here are some of the shots! Hope you enjoy!

Here Moriah and I are installing tiles, I learned A LOT on the process of how to make and install tiles. It was fun to see the range of variety in the tiles themselves.

That blue wavy tile is mine, and was the last tile to be installed in the long stretch of the entryway, I'm calling it the corner stone.

Some of the tiles are a collaboration piece. The white one in the middle was made by Debra Fleury and I made the seed pod that's in the middle of it. FUN! I also really like the Mudflat T-shirt that's to the left of it.

There are some bigger tiles that made it into the wall of clay tools made by Ruchika Madan. I love seeing some of the tools that I use when I'm in the studio made into a tile and contributing to the work of art!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...